Adonis in the Buff: A Hand-y Tool (TMI or Conversation Piece? You Be the Judge)
A few weeks ago I wrote a post about TMI (OMG! TMI! 8 Reasons You Know You’re Guilty) and how social media has made it possible for people to blab way more information out to the Universe than is necessary. Here’s the thing about TMI, though: What one person views as TMI another person will see as nothing more than a random conversation piece.
TMI blipped onto my radar once again courtesy of several celebrities who don’t mind sharing the Wonders of Their Universe with us little people. Here they are for your review—TMI or just conversation starters? You be the judge.
- Kim Kardashian is publishing a book (!!) of her selfies. (Maybe I should do the same. I’d pay good money to see the look on an editor’s face when he opens that query letter. Ha. Also it would be a great way to embarrass my children which, let’s face it, is always a plus.)
- Miley Cyrus Tweeted a photo of one of her new sex toys. It’s called the “Hand of Adonis.” (I Googled it just to be sure I was telling you the Naked Truth. The manufacturer spec says, “NOT for the faint of heart.” Crikey! Whose hand was used as the prototype for this thing? That’s what I want to know.)
- (No, seriously. I want to know.)
- Cameron Diaz discussed her pooping practices with Dr. Oz, and even looked at fake poop to point out which most resembles her own. (Shaped like a sparkly unicorn, what do you bet?)
- Matthew McConaughey and Bradley Cooper have both admitted they never use deodorant. Ever. (As a way to subdue fans that probably works pretty well.)
- Snooki told Conan O’Brien she’s so cheap that she uses clean kitty litter to exfoliate her skin. When he wondered about hazardous chemicals in the litter she informed him she had yet to break out in a rash from this particular beauty regimen. (This one writes itself, people.)
There were more, so many more to choose from—these celebrities will share damn near anything—but this is a G-rated blog so I limited the list in honor of your delicate sensibilities. Not gonna lie, my favorite is the “Hand of Adonis” because just the name makes me giggle like a 5-year-old. I read reviews of it, too, and laughed till I cried. Seriously, y’all, I need to get out more.
It also occurs to me that after reading this post my husband is going to think that when I say “I’ll be in my office writing” it is a euphemism for “Googling kinky sex toys.” (Hand to God, honey, it’s research! Research!)
What conversation starters or TMI blurbs have you read or heard this week? Any comments on those above? Put yourself in the Buff and leave a comment about what you think is the worst case of celebrity over-sharing.
Thanks for dropping by. See you next week for more of The Naked Truth.
Have a great Wednesday, y’all!