Big Blog Contest, Microfiction Monday and NaNoWriMo!
November 1st has arrived, and it has brought with it several cool things, two of which are firsts for me. Here they are:
- All that nifty stuff top center will be yours if you are the winner of my first ever blog contest! The contest begins today and ends on midnight Monday, November 15th. I’ll announce the winner soon after and get all that stuff in the mail to be delivered and enjoyed in time for Thanksgiving Day. To enter your name for the random drawing, please do this:
1. Sign up as a Follower if you are not already one of the Follower friends I’m so grateful for.
2. Leave a comment on this post telling me the nuttiest thing for which you are thankful, not including family and friends. (Feel free to leave a comment on the Microfiction, too, though that is not a requirement for your inclusion in the contest.)
3. This one is optional — mention this blog contest on your blog or website with a link back, and your name will be entered into the drawing a second time, doubling your chance of a win. Be sure to let me know you’ve linked so I can offer a thanks back to you!
That’s all there is to it! I hope you’ll enter my first ever blog contest—good luck!
- NaNoWriMo = National Novel Writer’s Month = 50,000 words in 30 days or less. I’m a participant this year, so I’ll be typing away on my novel. My blog posting/reading/commenting will dwindle during this time, and I apologize in advance, but I’ll keep you updated with my word count here and on Facebook and will take all the encouragement I can get. I didn’t expect my first marathon would be spent with my butt planted in a chair. Good thing we writers appreciate irony!
Now on to Microfiction Monday, the meme I’ve come to love. As always, huge thanks to Susan at Stony River for hosting this. So many people participate and the stories are terrific. Link back to Stony River to access other Microfiction tales. Here’s my offering for this week: