Inspiring Blogger Award: 7 Naked Truths Revealed
Hello, y’all. Last week was a horrible week for me as I was sick with a nasty cold. It was made worse by the fact that, at my husband’s urging, I had taken the whole week out of work for the express purpose of finishing Love to Win, the third book in the Fireflies series. There I was, with an entire week to write, and I spent the bulk of it lying around doing a fine impression of a cotton-headed, mouth-breathing slug. So much for my big writing plans—and what a yucky way to spend a whole week off the day job.
In the midst of my drowning-in-snottiness came a glimmer of light in the form of The Very Inspiring Blogger Award, bestowed upon me by my writing Yoda and friend, Cathy C. Hall. Thanks for this, Cathy. It was a pleasant addition to an otherwise wasted week, the equivalent of a daffodil spearing through the snow. I am happy to accept this award.
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award rules are:
• Display the award on your blog
• Link back to the person who nominated you
• State 7 things about yourself
15 3 bloggers (I’m copying Cathy), link to them, and notify them about their nominations.
So, here we go, Buttercup. Seven Naked Truths about yours truly . . .
1. I am addicted to potato chips, with a particular fondness for the sea salt kettle kind. I can eat a whole bag, by myself, in one sitting. Not a wimpy bag either. I’m talking one of the industrial size, feed-a-small-nation bags. Add a tub of sour cream and fuggedaboutit. Do not judge me.
2. My hair makes me crazy, all day, every day. When it’s short, I think it should be long. When it’s long, I think it should be short. It is naturally wavy/curly, but by how much varies by the day, thanks to causes unknown, so it may look different every time you see me.
3. Rapid decision making is a skill I do not possess. I can’t even cross the street without first creating a spreadsheet to delineate the possible ramifications, or a 3D model to view all likely outcomes prior to stepping off the curb. *sigh* It ain’t easy being me, Buttercup.
4. I have a phobia about driving downtown and cannot read a map to save my soul. Early on in our marriage the hubster fired me as navigator when he realized we were lost because I was reading the map upside down. I’m the reason they invented GPS.
5. I love browsing through flea markets with antiques, because the old furniture carries ghosts. I always wonder at the secrets those pieces might tell, if only they could speak. I fancy I can hear the whispers.
6. I used to wear lipstick every day, but these days I prefer my Burt’s Bees tinted lip balm. In any event, I’m about to teach you how to apply lipstick that will last all day, and possibly through a nuclear holocaust. Step 1: Powder. Step 2: Liner. Step 3: Fill it in. Step 4: Blot. Step 5: Powder. Step 6: Reapply color. This will last all day, through meals, etc. When my third child was born the nurses were amazed because I got through labor and delivery with my lipstick intact.
7. By nature, I am a nurturer. When you visit my home I’m likely to hug you and then try to feed you. Just roll with it. I can’t help the compulsion. It’s like an allergic reaction. If you’re breathing, I figure you must be hungry. It is my job as Mama Claro to see you leave my house with a full belly. Mangia, mangia!
Okay, so the rules say I have to forward this to 15 bloggers. That’s a lot of bloggers, y’all, and since Cathy herself only tagged 3, I shall follow her lead and tag only 3 as well. There are a ton of inspiring bloggers out there, but these are the three that popped into my mind first:
T’Mara Goodsell – Tammy is a microfiction maven, and y’all know how I love microfiction. When she’s not writing flash stuff, she’s putting her own spin on other topics that crack me up, sometimes tear me up, and she always gives her readers something to think about.
Kathy Matthews – Kathy is the Energizer Bunny. She blogs, posts to Facebook, takes amazing photographs, creates glorious table settings, and does all manner of creative things. The lady is an unstoppable force. She posts a lot of interesting things, making sure there’s something there for everyone.
Debbie Christiana – Debbie is an author of paranormal romance, and her blog is filled with things that go bump in the night, including a monthly “Wonderfully Weird Bottle of Wine,” which y’all know is right up my alley. For October last year she featured “Haunted Zombie Zinfandel” which is way cool, kinda like Debbie herself.
Don’t forget ladies, that this award, should you choose to accept it, comes with the rules listed above. I hope you do accept, because I’d love to learn seven little known things about you. And Cathy C. Hall, thanks for gifting me with my first bloom of spring.
Not to brag, but here in Georgia spring has sprung! The daffodils are up, the trees are budding, and robins are hopping through every yard in the neighborhood. It’s almost time to breakout the sundresses and sandals. I can’t wait! For my northern friends, I wish you much sunshine to melt all of the snow. What is the weather doing where you are?
A reminder – I’ll be switching to a new website soon, and anyone following me on WordPress may be lost in the conversion. If you’re following by WordPress, please consider using the sidebar widget to sign up via email. That way you will continue to be notified of new posts. Also, the email addresses collected are NEVER shared, and you will not be spammed.
In the spirit of today’s post, please leave a comment and share a little known Naked Truth about yourself.
Thanks for swinging by. See you next week for more of the Naked Truth!
Have a wonderful Wednesday –