Pawsitive Pondering: E is for Exercise AND Pot-O-Gold Award!
Spring Break is here, and I’ll be out of town until next week. My internet access will be limited, so I’ll apologize in advance for being slow to respond to comments and for not getting out to other blogs as often as I usually do. Please bear with me! (I have prepared my posts for A-Z and Book Blurb Friday, so no worries on those commitments.)
Day #5 of the A to Z Challenge brings us to the letter E. The word for today is Exercise.
The Pot-O-Gold Blogger Award is the brain(child)pot of blogger Christie Wright Wild whose blog you can find here.
Thanks to the talented Michael at The Year of Writing Dangerously for bestowing upon me this delightful award. I’ll beam it from my sidebar with pride. In keeping with the pay-it-forward spirit of the award, I’m following the instructions below:
If you are the Lucky recipient of the award, here is what you do:
- Say thank you to the person who gave it to you. (Thanks, Michael!)
- Write a post and include the image of the award, a link to the person’s blog who gave it to you, and a link to Write Wild. (Copy and paste the rules in your post.) (Done)
- Award four bloggers this award and tell why each is a Pot-O-Gold! (If you receive this award more than once, you only have to forward it the first time.) (See below)
- Share four simple things about yourself: 1-a time you had to exercise FAITH, 2-something you HOPE for, 3-something (or someone) you LOVE, and 4-a time when you felt LUCK. (See below)
* Sandra Davies at Lines of Communication is a prolific writer, poet and talented artist who wows me with something new every time I visit her blog and begin poking about. Her photo slide show at Print Universe is fantastic. Check it out! She’s amazing.
* Sioux at Sioux’s Page is a smart, funny writer who shares her intuitive insights with creativity and panache. She always makes me laugh. She is also a third grade teacher whose dedication comes through in her wonderful writing, and she’s a rescuer of Golden Retrievers. Her dogs’ blog, Go For the Golden, is also worth reading.
* Susan Fobes at Family Formula offers up poetry, slice-of-life posts, and other creative writing to make you chuckle or nod your head in understanding. Her writing is engaging and entertaining, and always easy to relate to. I wonder if the high school students she teaches know how talented she is?
* Margo Benson is a jewelery artist and holistic therapist. I could stop there, because that sounds so way-cool, doesn’t it? As if that isn’t enough, she is also a prolific writer of poetry and contemporary romance, among other things. Her passion for writing is apparent, and her talent makes her well worth following.
Now to share four simple things about myself:
1. FAITH – My dad suffered a near-fatal heart attack and spent days in ICU before being moved to the cardiac care unit. My family and I knew his illnesses would eventually take him from us, but we prayed he would not die in a hospital bed regardless of the dire predictions. Our faith was rewarded. He did go home, and we celebrated several more months of life with him before he passed. Not one moment was taken for granted.
2. HOPE – Well, at the risk of sounding like Sandra Bullock in “Miss Congeniality,” I hope for world peace. I’m too realistic to expect it, but I hope for it. What a place Earth would be! Can you imagine if peace reigned worldwide? Less lofty things I hope for include a winning lottery ticket and a three book deal with Random House.
3. LOVE – My family and friends, writing, chocolate, music and wine. Hey, what can I say? I’m easy to please.
4. LUCK – The day I met my husband is hands-down the luckiest thing ever in my life. That one bit-o-luck has led to over thirty happy years of love and three amazing kids. I’m one lucky lady.
That’s it for now, buttercup. See you tomorrow for more Pawsitive Pondering!