Pawsitive Pondering: J is for Jelly Bean!
My goodness, has it been ten days of the A to Z Challenge already? April is zooming by and on the 22nd that holiday for which we all clamor will arrive: National Jelly Bean Day! Link over to the Jelly Belly Press Room for more information.
Wanna know why?
‘Cause no one with a mouthful of jelly beans
ever said anything bad about someone else.
My wonderful blogger buddy Sioux over at Sioux’s Page has bestowed upon me the Sisters of the Quill award, created by Donna at Donna’s Book Pub. Sioux received the award from Donna whose proclamation was: “Spread the Sisterhood! Give the award to deserving writers, to women whose talent needs to be recognized.” Thanks, Sioux! I’ll display the award with pride.
For those who don’t know Sioux, she’s a talented writer, teacher and dog lover whose only problem is that she is occasionally delusional. She insists that I lie about my age, and that I rent children to call my own in order to maintain the fallacy that I’m an old bagger. I don’t know what she’s putting in her coffee, but I want some! Sioux makes me laugh and I love her teasing. Thanks, Sioux, for making this old bagger feel pretty good about reaching, er, old baggerhood. You’re a peach!
I am awarding the Sisters of the Quill to six ladies, none of whom have received an award from me previously. I thought now was the perfect time to let them know I appreciate their work and their talent.
* Laraine at Larainy Days, whose posts are so funny I have to be careful not to wet my pants. She is a hoot, and I appreciate the laughter she provides with what appears to be so little effort. Thanks, Laraine!
* Ellie Garratt is a prolific writer whose blog is a wealth of encouragement, inspiration, humor and good writing advice. Thanks, Ellie, for providing a great place to visit and sit a spell.
* Karen Lange at Write Now who interviews interesting authors, reviews terrific books I might otherwise miss, and provides insights on writing that inspire and encourage. Thank you, Karen!
* Sylvia Ney at Writing in Wonderland, who is a new blogging buddy discovered through the A to Z Challenge. Sylvia’s blog is full of writing facts, advice, and plain old know-how. Thanks, Sylvia!
* Raquel Byrnes is an author of inspirational romance whose first book, Purple Knot, will soon be released by White Rose Publishing.com. The A to Z Challenge led me to Raquel whose blog is an enjoyable mix of writing related posts. Congratulations on your upcoming publication, Raquel!
* Margaret Bednar is a multi-talented artist whose creativity includes painting, sketching, and photography as well as poetry and creative writing. Stop by Margaret’s blog (and link to her others) to see what she’s been up to. Thanks for sharing your muses, Margaret!
Thanks again, Sioux, for presenting me with this awesome award. I appreciate your support!
See y’all tomorrow for the A to Z challenge and the letter K.