Proof Positive – I Should Run for Office!
To the inimitable Cathy C. Hall I offer a heartfelt “thank you!” for bestowing upon me the above prestigious award.
As I understand it, this great honor is a license to be creative which, as all writers know, is akin to putting a Labrador Retriever in a room full of rawhide and commanding him to “Chew!”
Rules of acceptance require me to list seven wild and wacky little known facts about myself, at least one of which must be true (all may be true if I decide to let you in on my deep, dark secrets). You, buttercup, will have to decide for yourself which, if any, of the facts below are crazy truths or creative fiction:
1. A man riding a bicycle knocked on my car window while I was stuck in traffic on Las Vegas Boulevard. It was Don Rickles and he blew me a kiss!
2. Don Johnson (yes, Miami Vice, Sonny Crockett…that Don Johnson) asked me to join him for dinner (1985) and I declined the invitation because I’m married. (Boy, does my husband owe me big for that one!)
3. While on a Caribbean cruise I was detained by the local police in St. Maarten in what turned out to be a case of mistaken identity. I proved my innocence by being unable to speak or understand a single word of Dutch. I’m certain they pegged me as a total domoor (simpleton).
4. One New Year’s Eve I coaxed approximately 50 fifty people to join me in the bunny-hop around the front drive of the Union Plaza Hotel in Las Vegas just minutes before midnight.
5. A television station once featured me on its news show for taking on the Department of Housing and Urban Development in the case of a deteriorating house in my neighborhood. (I was mad as hell and wasn’t going to take it any more…also, there were shingles blowing into my backyard and it annoyed me.)
6. I have a snowflake tattoo that has been seen by only three people in the known universe: the tattoo artist, my husband, and me. Can you guess where it is?
7. I gave birth to all three of my kids without anesthetic of any kind. I controlled the pain solely through the use of self-hypnosis.
Okay, now I’m going to offer the award rules. Since I’m a lazy ‘ol bum, I’m doing a cut and paste:
1. Thank the person who gave this to you. (Thanks, Cathy!)
The mantle is now upon me to bestow this delightful award upon some worthy blog buddies: Lisa, the Surreal Housewife of Amador County; Becky, a Writer Gal who thought she’d dodged this one; Linda who likes to Write from the Heart; and Anita who enjoys Laughing Through the Tears.
Okay ladies, my work here is done. Get thee hence and lie! I mean…er…create! Blog! Have fun!
Be back soon (and that’s the truth) –